1) WHAT WE COLLECT
Personal Information. We collect and store personal information you choose to provide to us through the Site or that we may request in connection with your use of the Site, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, mobile and telephone numbers and other information when you use a customer order form to purchase products and/or request additional services, create an account with us, fill out a survey, enter contests, participate in promotions, submit comments or questions, post comments on bulletin boards, request to receive the newsletter or otherwise interact with our Site.
LPCC will not collect Personal Information from your visits to our website unless you provide it voluntarily to us and will not require you to provide more information than is necessary to participate in the activities on our website, except for some items of Personal Information collected by information systems and programs used for the operation of the website, transmission of which is inherent in the use of Internet communication protocols (e.g. IP addresses) and for some information collected by Google Analytics. If you opt not to provide us with Personal Information, you can still access our Site, however you will be unable to participate in certain promotions, create login credentials in order to use certain functionalities on the Site, activate or use a service, have a purchase order fulfilled or receive product information.
Certain features that may be available on the Site, such as purchasing a product, may require you to create an account and/or login credentials by typing in your user name/ID or email address and password and other information, or by using one of the available social media authentication methods such as Facebook®, Google+® and Yahoo®. When creating an account you may be required to provide certain information. When purchasing a product you will also be required to provide information regarding the purchase such as credit card information, billing and shipping information. Certain features of the Site may permit you to provide additional optional information to us.
In addition, other parties such as advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your online activity over time and across the Sites, with your informed consent. This information assists us to update a Site so that it remains interesting to our visitors and contains content that is tailored to visitors’ interests. If you disable cookies, we may be unable to optimize your visit to a Site and certain features on the Site may not be available.
Google Analytics. On our Site we use analytics tools (Google Analytics) and every time you access, your web browser automatically sends certain information to us and Google®, which is used to understand how visitors engage with our Site. In particular, we shall receive an Overview report, which includes Demographics and Interest sections, along with Age, Gender, and Interest Categories reports. We will not use Google Analytics to collect sensitive information, as described in the Google AdWords sensitive category restrictions.
2) HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Uses of your Personal Information include:
- To reply to you when you contact us (e.g., to respond to your questions and comments; to fulfil your requests; to communicate with you about your activities on a Site);
- To perform a contract to which you are a party and to manage your orders, including payment services (e.g., to provide you with access to certain areas and features on the Site; to fulfil your order in connection with shopping or commercial services offered on a Site; to fulfill your order, to provide customer service, including contacting you with questions about your order and for shipping purposes);
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which LPCC is subject to (e.g., for disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order);
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights, in an emergency to protect the health or safety of users of a Site or the general public, or in the interests of national security;
- To send advertising or direct sales materials or to conduct market research, carry out data analytics or deliver newsletter and commercial communications, by means of electronic tools (SMS, e-email, social network), whether automated (calls without an operator) or not automated (mail and phone calls with an operator), to participate in contents or sweepstakes, surveys in compliance with appropriate legal grounds, for marketing analysis (including analyzing information from cookies and other tracking features used on the Site or other uses of the Site to improve user experience) and to customize the content that is presented to you in your use of the Site;
- To communicate your Personal Data to selected third-party advertising partners for their own marketing purposes in compliance with appropriate legal grounds;
- For any other purposes you have lawfully given your consent to.
The provision of Personal Information for the purposes from A to E above is voluntary, however, any refusal to provide such data may not allow LPCC to enter into a contract with you, reply to your requests, fulfil your purchased order and to comply with legal obligations to which LPCC is subject to.
The provision of Personal Information for the purposes described from F to H above is also voluntary; failure to provide such Personal Information, or objecting to the relevant data processing on appropriate grounds relating to your particular situation, may prevent LPCC to send advertising or direct sales materials or to conduct market research, carry out data analytics or deliver commercial communications, and/or to communicate your Personal Information to selected third-party advertising partners for their own marketing purposes. We may still contact you for administrative purposes, such as confirming a purchase order or request further requests you've made. To the extent that you provide us with financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with shopping or commercial services offered on the Site, we may use the financial information that you provide to fulfill your order.
Any interest-based advertising (such as with Remarketing services or similar) shall comply to the current policies applicable to those Google services, including the Google Adwords policy for advertising which can be found here and the Sensitive Category restriction or DoubleClick Services Program Policies here.
3) HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
Your Personal Information may be disclosed, in close relation to the purposes specified above, only to:
- subjects necessary for order fulfilment, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data and providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, or to provide additional features or functions of the Site (for example, if you post information on an available community feature or function it will be shared with other users of the feature or function) which typically process Personal Information on behalf of LPCC as data processors as part of the fulfillment process. We use third party service providers to perform certain business functions for us, which may include marketing, IT services and other functions. We may provide your personal information to these third party agents, consultants and contractors to perform those functions on our behalf;
- persons authorized by LPCC to process Personal Information, that are committed to/ or under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality (LPCC’s employees);
- partners involved in creating, producing, delivering, or maintaining the Site, as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such as administration of the Site, administration of promotions or other features on the Site, marketing, data analysis, and customer services).
- law enforcement agencies and public authorities when so required by the applicable law, regulation, legal processes or government requests or in the good faith belief (e.g., to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on LPCC), to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of LPCC, its Sites, or the public, to enforce the terms of any of our policies, or protect the rights, property or safety of LPCC, our associates, or our customers. This may include assistance in fraud protection and investigation.
- third-party commercial partners for their own purposes only in compliance with appropriate legal grounds.
- our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and promotional partners in the course of our business operations.
- in case of a substantial corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
4) OPERATING-OUT OF RECEIVING CERTAIN COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the opt-out instructions generally provided in such communications, or via your account settings, if applicable. Alternatively, you can contact us email@example.com.
5) HOW TO REVIEW OR UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
You have control over the Personal Information that you provide us. You can always chose not to provide certain Personal Information, but please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Site unless you provide us with your Personal Information (e.g., we will not be able to fulfill your purchase order without certain Personal Information). You may confirm or change your personal information that we have collected by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request from LPCC access to and deletion, correction or revision of your Personal Information; oppose the data processing; restrict the use and disclosure of your Personal Information; and revoke consent to any of our data processing activities. You also have the right to know the recipients or categories of recipient to whom your Personal Information have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries.
6) LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
Our Site may contain links to other websites and our Site may be linked from other websites, including websites of our partners or other third parties, which are not under our control. We provide these links on our Site as a customer convenience and to allow advertisers, including our partners, to promote their own sites or products, and do not endorse those sites, companies or their products or services. Also, when you link to our Site from another site, the originating site may collect information about you. We do not review, control or monitor the practices, information or materials on any other websites, and are not responsible or liable for the communications, information, content or materials from or the practices and policies (including without limitation privacy or data collection practices or policies) of any of those sites. In addition, any links to these third party sites may also contain cookies or other tracking devices.
The security of your Personal Information is important for LPCC. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Access thereto may be either manual or by means of electronic or automated memory and will include all operations as indicated by law, and necessary to process the personal data, including communication to third parties, as mentioned in clause 3. Some details may be subject to transmission either via telecommunications networks, using a local protected network or via the Internet. With regard to the latter, the data will be subject to the standard security measures assured by the net.
The data will be processed by employees of LPCC and/or premier companies authorized by LPCC for the data processing and storage. All personnel will be identified appropriately, trained, and aware of the restrictions when imposed by the law.
However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or information stored on a Site or our servers will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers. Your use of a Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages (including, but not limited to, any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or other damages of any kind, whether in contract -including fundamental breach-, tort -including negligence-, or otherwise) that you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration of any information you submit to a Site.
Regarding the purposes described in section 2.F, 2.G and 2.H, your Personal Information will be processed until you will exercise your right to object to or to restrict the processing. We retain information that we collect as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
8) NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS
We do not warrant or imply that the Site or content/materials on the Site are appropriate for use outside of the United States. The information set forth on the Site concerning any products or services is applicable only in the United States, and these products and services may not be available in all locations.
9) CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
We are also concerned about protecting the safety and privacy of children. Our Site is not intended for use by children under 18 and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal from anyone that informs us that they are under 13 and do not sell products for purchase by children under 13. If you are under 13, get your parent's/guardian’s consent before giving out any personal information online.
In case we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without his/her parent/guardian’s consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. A parent/guardian can review, remove, change, or refuse further collection or use of their child’s personal information by contacting us.
10) HOW TO CONTACT US