It all began when Luigi Lavazza opened the first Lavazza store on via San Tommaso, Turin in 1895. We imagine him surrounded by sacks of coffee of different origins that he used to create his blends.
Luigi Lavazza was a man with plenty of initiative, inventiveness and passion for his work. He discovered the different origins and characteristics of the plant and the coffee, and studied the art of blending to meet his customers’ tastes. This was how the blends were born.
After his trip to Brazil, he was able to see the potential of the beverage in a period of great change. The Lavazza coffees we drink today are the result of his idea of combining coffees from different parts of the world.
The store moved to new and larger premises on via San Tommaso 10, where the shelves were stocked with everyday foods and products. Business flourished and price lists were sent by post.